Share With Your Social Butterflies

SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES

November 20, 2011

Take Off That Dress !!

So we all have that dress that just sits in the back of the closet for years, and takes up space.

Throughout the years I have donated, sold & gave away tons of clothes from my warehouse.
But there were a few I left behind to re-alter.
And this blue flower dress is one of them.
I will be taking off the top blouse and just creating a beautiful full length skirt that you can wear with a t-shirt or a blouse.

The ending results will be a surprise to me because I still haven't decided if I want it short or long or even maybe a long slit on the side ;)

I will decide as time goes on.
Have you redesigned an outfit ?
How did it turn out ?
















A Second Chance Around
**Kisses**

1 comment:

Cori Kesler said...

YES - We recently received a sewing machine as a gift and I've been busy repurposing TONS of stuff. I've made dresses for my daughter out of my old shirts, turned tote bags out of tank, and tops to skirts.

Big swirly skirts that were in the Salvation Army bin have been plucked out and I'm using the fabric for other projects.

For your dress - I would shorten the skirt to just below the knee. Keep parts of the roses on the bodice to sew onto the bottom hem of the skirt.

So pretty.

A Second Chance Around Archive